Guiding You Through Each Step – Wherever You Are In Your Divorce
Going through any form of family separation is never easy. Adding stress to a divorce with complicated and often impersonal legal steps may only make matters worse. That is where a compassionate attorney can step in and take over.
At Hirsch & Ehlenberger, P.C., our team understands the necessity of taking on the Virginia divorce process for our clients. Whether in the courtroom or through alternative legal means, we provide more than just representation in your divorce. Our lawyers bring clients attentive legal counsel and efficient administrative services. Your part in the divorce process will be in good hands.
What Does The Divorce Process Look Like?
It is possible in Virginia to have both a fault and no-fault divorce. Fault divorces involve acts that warrant divorce and may lead to further legal action such as adultery or a felony conviction. Regardless of which type of divorce you file and whether you have a signed agreement in advance of filing for the divorce, the steps will be similar:
- File your complaint for divorce
- Notify your spouse with official complaint copies
- The served spouse should respond with a an answer filed with the court.
- Uncontested divorce: Generally completed via affidavits filed with the court, without the need for a court appearance.
- Contested divorce: Issues are resolved by a trial with a judge’s ruling
- Final Order of Divorce (either incorporating the parties’ agreement or the judge’s ruling)
Wherever you are in the process, our team can take the reins and guide you through this tough time with apt and efficient legal counsel.
Connect For A Consultation On The Divorce Process And More
Do not let the daunting legal process of divorce make matters worse for you and your family. We have experience in a wide range of family matters. Reach out by calling 703-481-6063 or using our online contact form.