Nicole M. Burns
Nicole M. Burns
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Family Law
- Separation Agreements
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support/Alimony
- Property Division
- Pre/Post-Nuptial Agreements
In her free time, Nicole is a girl scout troop leader, is involved with the PTA at her daughter's elementary school and is a religious education instructor for middle schoolers at her church. She also serves on the board of her homeowner's association.
Nicole attended law school at George Mason University and was a committee chairperson for the Moot Court Board. She participated in and won several oral argument competitions, including the New York State Bar Association's National Moot Court Competition in which her team placed in the semi-finals and won the award for best brief in the region. Additionally, Nicole interned in the Fairfax Circuit Court.
Before law school, Nicole studied psychology at the Catholic University of America. While there, she completed graduate coursework in cultural psychology and the effects of marital conflict on children. Nicole is a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- Juris Doctor - 2010
- Catholic University of America, Washington, District of Columbia
- Nicole M. Burns, Gatekeeping to the Courthouse: Pre-Filing Injunctions and Prohibitions to Practice before Courts. Virginia Family Law Quarterly, Volume 39, No. 1 (2019)
- Fairfax Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Loudoun Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section